SYN FREE PAKORA
- 2 large white potatoes, cooked and mashed to a firm consistency with no butter or milk
- 1 red onion, diced
- ½ large bag of frozen chopped vegetable mix (sweetcorn, broccoli, carrot, cauliflower)
- 2 tbsp curry powder (use mild, medium or hot to suit your own taste)
- 3-4 tbsp fat free yogurt
- 1 egg, beaten
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Pre heat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6. Place the mashed potato, diced onion and defrosted vegetables into a bowl and combine thoroughly.
- Stir the curry powder into the yogurt and add this to the vegetable mix and stir thoroughly.
- Beat the egg and add it to the mixture, stirring constantly. The mix should still be quite firm, but if it's too runny add more vegetables.
- Line a baking tray/wire rack with baking paper to prevent the pakoras from sticking, and spoon the mixture onto the tray in tablespoon sized ''dollops''.
- Spray with low calorie cooking spray and bake for approximately 30-40 minutes - or until firm on the outside and golden brown
- Allow to cool slightly so that the pakoras firm up.